Sunday, September 2, 2007

Finally a Clapotis


Project: Clapotis
Yarn: Vintage Alpaca Limited Edition 2006, dk, fawn, 4 skeins
Needles: US 6, Knit Picks Options
Time: 1 1/2 weeks
Size: 23" wide, 77" long



A Close Up Shot
This shot doesn't show the warmth of this color, the first is much better.
Project Notes: I added an extra repeat in the straight section. I was already going to gave to break into skein 4 for a couple yards, so I wanted to feel it was worth it. Alpaca stretches and doesn't bounce back. Probably why mine came out way longer than the original and I used more yarn on teh decrease than the increase section. Note it should have used the same amount. I love the length of this one. It still scrunches up to be a long scarf due to the dropped stitches, but is a good wrap if I feel the need. Since I used dk weight it isn't too bulky. I find this pattern addicting. It was simple enough that I could cruise along with the added thrill of dropping stitches. The yarn used is all natural and undyed and is sooooooooo buttery soft. I am in love. It even feels sikly. Note I did have to pick the stitches to get them to drop all the way down. I just saved that for movie watching. I also like the fact that this yarn is from Alpacas in Nazareth, PA and the yarn is processed, milled, whatever here too. I can just picture the alpaca who grew my yarn prancing around, I believe her name is Maude. I will make another Clapotis. The next one will be in a varigated yarn to maximize the pattern, although the color of this yarn in person is a scrumptious brown. Might have to go back to 2 Sisters and Ewe to snag some more in another color. This time I will park near Starbucks and avoid the nasty meter man who gave me a ticket. I was less than two damn minutes over! He ticketed everyone. Must be so surly due to the heat, which is finally broken. Off to dream land.

No comments: