Tuesday, May 15, 2007

How Nifty

This is what I have. Well, picture this as the tip of the iceberg. You know those motivational posters with the little iceberg tip on the surface with the HUGE extension underneath? Yeah, thats what this is like.






This is what I need. Neat little center pull yarn cakes. Yes, this one is not so neat because it has been played with and is behaving like a redheaded stepchild. It is beautiful so I will overlook that small detail. Enter the swift. You unfurl those long hanks onto the swift and feed it into a ball winder to make nice little cakes. It goes very quick with a swift and looks darn fun! Yes, I could learn to make center pull balls. Well, no I probably can't. I have tried. Picture me in a tangle of yarn swearing like a truck driver, or at least the sailor that I was. That was BEFORE I had a baby. So yes I need one of these. Hubby was beaten into submission and the swift was ordered on Mother's Day. I had to pull a little five year old behavior. You know what I mean. This is what I want and I want it now. Well, I didn't phrase it quite like that but you get the point. This concludes your education on swifties.


No comments: